In this episode of $30k questions, a podcast mini series aimed to help you explore and implement money-making questions, I’m asking you to think: are you engaging in high-quality or low-quality conflict most of the time? We know that conflict is a given—but it’s the type of conflict that matters. Today, we explore how you can engage in high-quality conflict that creates a better outcome for everyone.
What is high-quality conflict? In this episode, I dive into the answer and go over what you need to engage in high-quality conflict.
- First question: do you avoid conflict? Do you avoid conflict in situations where high-quality conflict may be helpful
- To engage in high-quality conflict, you must be: curious, direct, outcome-focused, and collaborative.
- You should go into high-quality conflict asking this: Why are we bringing this up? What are we trying to get to? Where are we trying to go?
- You know you’re engaging in high-quality conflict when you can create better outcomes for all parties and when you get these byproducts: vulnerability, honesty, and trust.
- Two vital things at play for high-quality conflict: room for voicing concerns but also collaboration for solutions.
The Residency is a 12-month, cohort-based program specifically built to help first-generation entrepreneurs gain the business acuity and mental-emotional maturity to build their next high-impact, high-profit asset…and whatever else they want for the rest of their lives. Join the email list HERE to get application details for the next cohort.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.