In this episode of $30k questions, a podcast miniseries aimed to help you explore and implement money-making questions, I ask you to explore what solving problems in a vulnerable mental state is like for you. Sometimes, when we’re going through lots of growth and making big decisions, we may need some direction to ensure that our impact follows our intention. My question for you today is: have you ever noticed how your thinking changes when you’re vulnerable?
As our emotional states impact our thoughts and our thoughts impact our actions, here are some steps to take when you’re feeling vulnerable and need to make decisions:
- In business: you must be aware of the texture of your actions and decisions.
- Texture is the difference between what works and what doesn’t in business. How are messages being communicated? What is the tone? Does the impact follow the intention?
- Be aware that a vulnerable headspace can affect the texture of your words and actions.
- Notice: how your thinking changes when you’re feeling vulnerable versus when you’re feeling relaxed.
- What can you do? Have a check system when making big decisions. Maybe come back to something the next day or bounce the idea off of a trusted friend. Either way, you can ensure that your actions follow the tact of your intention.
The Residency is a 12-month life + business coaching container for high-impact entrepreneurs. We create clear, compelling vision for your life and work and then bring it all into reality in one year.
We’re blending sound business strategy, psychology and trauma-informed coaching practices to help you increase your business proficiency and mental/emotional maturity.
These tools will allow you to build whatever the hell you want (highly profitable business assets, deeply impactful nonprofits, narrative-shifting special projects…) for the rest of your life.
Enrollment is open now. Visit oyfn.co/residency to learn more and apply.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
One Year from Now: The Newsletter: Join for access to live events + trainings, stay for the practical advice and shenanigans.