In this episode of $30k questions, a podcast miniseries aimed to help you explore and implement money-making questions, I want you to think about why you want to hire someone new. We often want immediate relief in business for particular assets—but creating a new role is often not the best solution. Today, I want you to ask yourself, “Who is the most valuable hire?”
Let’s think about why you feel the need to hire someone new. Here, I share some ways we can strategize the most valuable solution.
- What is the most valuable hire for this asset right now? This depends on your goals for the asset.
- Regroup and think: “Do I need an extra practitioner right now? Or will hiring a business strategist in the short-term net me more growth and revenue in the long term?”
- Right now, is hiring someone new a long-term solution to a short-term problem?
- Food for thought: maybe you need to hire but are filling the wrong roles. Are you hiring a helper instead of a leader?
- Hiring a helper may look less expensive on paper—but in the long run, if you need a leader, that person will add the most value to your asset.
The Residency is a 12-month life + business coaching container for high-impact entrepreneurs. We create clear, compelling vision for your life and work and then bring it all into reality in one year.
We’re blending sound business strategy, psychology and trauma-informed coaching practices to help you increase your business proficiency and mental/emotional maturity.
These tools will allow you to build whatever the hell you want (highly profitable business assets, deeply impactful nonprofits, narrative-shifting special projects…) for the rest of your life.
Enrollment is open now. Visit oyfn.co/residency to learn more and apply.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
One Year from Now: The Newsletter: Join for access to live events + trainings, stay for the practical advice and shenanigans.