In this episode of $30k questions, a podcast miniseries aimed to help you explore and implement money-making questions, we talk about grounding yourself and ways to healthily close those stress cycles. It’s no secret that being an entrepreneur will bring you stress. The bad news is that this stress also lives in your body, not just your mind. The good news? We have control over our bodies and can take control of releasing that stress.
Today, I share some of my favorite ways to ground myself and close those stress cycles:
- First, solo sex. This requires you to ground yourself by slowing down and focusing on your body—something you can’t do in a rush of stress.
- Next, journal dumping. Get that stream of consciousness flowing (unedited) and write down what you’re feeling.
- Also, walking! Experiment with walking fast or slow. It’s simple but effective.
- Live outside. Do things outside that you would normally do inside. Listen to your surroundings—and enjoy it!
- Practice tactile stimulation: which is fancy for touching and looking at beautiful things. Hold a flower or look closely at a painting. The goal is to slow down in the moment.
The Residency is a 12-month life + business coaching container for high-impact entrepreneurs. We create clear, compelling vision for your life and work and then bring it all into reality in one year.
We’re blending sound business strategy, psychology and trauma-informed coaching practices to help you increase your business proficiency and mental/emotional maturity.
These tools will allow you to build whatever the hell you want (highly profitable business assets, deeply impactful nonprofits, narrative-shifting special projects…) for the rest of your life.
Enrollment is open now. Visit oyfn.co/residency to learn more and apply.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
One Year from Now: The Newsletter: Join for access to live events + trainings, stay for the practical advice and shenanigans