Today, we chat with copywriter and podcast host, Kaleigh Moore. Kaleigh is a freelance writer for eCommerce and SaaS companies and has a ton to share about how she and her freelance business have evolved over the years. In this episode, we talk shop about the day to day implications of being a freelancer, Kaleigh’s advice for crafting a successful freelance career when you’re out on your own, and a few things companies need to keep in mind before hiring on a writer like her.
Some things we discuss in this episode:
- Blogging for clients
- Conversation writing
- Unrealistic expectations about how copy translates
- Utilizing Twitter as your “water cooler”
- Collaborating & connecting with other freelancers
- Building out material takes more time but has a greater ROI
- Rushing the strategy behind content
- Making it a priority to connect with people
- Ask for legitimate feedback
- Focus on learning*
Questions for Kaleigh:
Q: What are you reading?
A: 99% Mine
Q: What’s your superpower?
A: Real – Pre-crastinator
A: Fake – Cutest co-worker named Brooks (Kaleigh’s dog)
Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family is on now?
A: My husband and I are really focused on minimalism. Being mindful about how we spend our “money votes”.
Helpful links mentioned:
Things you can do for 15 minutes a day to learn something new:
– Listen to a podcast (like this one!)
– Read an article about something related/unrelated to your field
– Make a connection
– Read books related to your field or something else you’re interested in
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Want more?
You can subscribe in iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
I really like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to
my personal blogroll.
Hey! Thank you so much. If you ever want to hear anything in particular on the show, feel free to reach out.