Today, I’m chatting with Emma Siemasko, the main writer and founder of Stories by Emma – a content marketing consultancy. Emma and I talk about interviewing, her number one skill. She uses it to get primo information out of her subjects for her writing. It’s a skill that’s useful to many, so listen to her top tips for getting just the information you need. We also talk about the evolution of business, how to create offerings that let you do more of what you enjoy, and the best advice for learning how to have more of the conversations you love.
Some things we talk about in this episode:
- The natural evolution of business
- Being sure your clients want new services before you start offering them
- When interviewing, ask open-ended questions and move into specifics
- How to have more of the conversations you love
- The power of getting together in person
- Think of needs that you have and services you could offer through that need
- When interviewing, ask your question then stop talking
- Think of boundaries as guidelines for good business
- Until you’re willing to step out of your comfort zone, it’s going to be hard to grow
Tips for finding white space:
- No meetings on Mondays and Fridays (bookend days to catch up on work)
- Going to the gym at the same time every day
- Take a break
Questions for Emma:
- Q: What are you reading?
- Q: What’s your superpower?
- Fake: Flight, Superhuman strength & Teleportation
- Real: Facilitation
- Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family is on now?
- Bringing people’s stories to life, YouTube videos
Helpful links mentioned:
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Click here for more.
Don’t forget to grab your free Deep Work tips here.